top of page

After The Wedding To-do Items: Part 2

In our blog post here we illustrated the application process to receiving a new social security card once you get married. However, mind there are multiple agencies you need to contact with your new contact information. Below is a comprehensive list of places to contact once you have your new security card and official marriage certificate verifying your name change.

1. Financial institutions- This includes all institutions that hold your bank accounts, credit cards, mortgage (if doesn’t apply contact landlord), and investments. 2. Health benefits- dental, vision and health 3. Motor Vehicle Department 4. Auto insurance 5. Life Insurance 6.Employer/Payroll 7. National Passport Processing Center 8. Student Loan agencies 9. Voter registration office (if applies) 10. Utility Companies 11. Doctor offices

bottom of page